The Business Administrator handles the operational, organizational and managerial responsibilities for the City. She also provides leadership and administration for all city departments and effectively implements the Mayor’s policies and directives.
The goals of the Administrator’s office are:
- Building a strong team of citizens and staff
- Anticipate future service demand and resource deficiencies and be proactive in addressing them.
- Commit to a strong financial position
- Provide excellent and equitable public service
- Support opportunities to support sustainable growth
If you have questions or comments or need information from the Business Administrator's Office, please call 908-753-3310, or e-mail email@example.com.
About the Business Administrator
The Business Administrator is appointed by the Mayor, subject to the advice and consent of the Plainfield City Council.
The Business Administrator, under the direction and supervision of the Mayor, directs and coordinates the general administration of the City government. The operations of each department are monitored to assure compliance with policies and legislation established by the Mayor and City Council. Responsibilities includes assisting the Mayor in the preparation and submission of the annual operating budget, advising the Mayor and City Council on the financial condition and needs of the City and authorizing all purchases required under the Charter.
Departments Reporting to the Business Administrator
- Department of Finance
- Department of Police
- Department of Public Works
- Department of Communications and Technology
- Department of Health and Social Services
- Fire Department
- Office of the City Clerk
- Office of Economic Development
- Personnel Division
- Parks & Recreation Division
- Municipal Court
- Office of the Public Defender