Division of Health: Animal Control
The City of Plainfield Has developed the following guidelines to address citizen concerns:
- Between 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Mondays through Fridays), residents may contact either the Health Division at (908) 753-3092 or the Police Department at (908) 753-3107 for any Animal Control issues that should arise; the police will then call Plainfield Humane Societies to address your concerns.
- Between 6:00 PM to 9:00 AM (Mondays through Fridays and weekends), residents may contact the Plainfield Police Department at (908) 753-3107, who then will get the Plainfield Humane Society. Please note that these hours are for emergency calls, which the Police Department will determine.
- For residents who have either lost or found a pet, please call Plainfield Humane Society at (908) 754-0300 between the following hours:
Tuesday & Wednesday - 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Thursday - 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Friday - 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Saturday - 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Sunday - 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Residents should offer a description of the lost pet.
- For residents who have either found or lost a pet after hours, please get in touch with the Plainfield Police Department at (908) 753-3107, who will then contact the Plainfield Humane Society.
CLICK HERE for Animal License Flow Sheet
CLICK HERE for the Animal License Application
UPCOMING EVENTS | COMMUNITY RESOURCES: CLICK HERE