Division of Health: Animal Control
The City of Plainfield Has developed the following guidelines to address citizen concerns:
- Between 9:00AM to 5:00PM (Mondays through Fridays) residents may contact either the Health Division at (908) 753-3092 or the Police Department at (908) 753-3107 for any Animal Control issues that should arise, the police will then call Plainfield Humane Societies to address your concerns.
- Between 6:00PM to 9:00AM (Mondays through Fridays and weekends) residents may contact the Plainfield Police Department at (908) 753-3107 who then will contact Plainfield Humane Society. Please note that these hours are for emergencies calls only, which will be determined by the Police Department.
- For residents who have either lost or found a pet please call Plainfield Humane Society at (908) 754-0300 between the following hours:
Tuesday & Wednesday - 12:00PM - 5:00PM
Thursday - 12:00PM - 5:00PM
Friday - 12:00PM - 4:00PM
Saturday - 12:00PM - 3:00PM
Sunday - 12:00PM - 2:00PM
- Residents should offer a description of the lost pet.
- For residents who have either found or lost a pet after hours please contact the Plainfield Police Department at (908) 753-3107 who will then contact the Plainfield Humane Society.
CLICK HERE for Animal License Flow Sheet
CLICK HERE for Animal License Application