Citizen Guidelines to Animal Control for the City of Plainfield
Since June 1, 2010, the City of Plainfield’s Animal Program is being overseen by
Associated Humane Societies
124 Evergreen Avenue
Newark, New Jersey 07114
Phone: (908) 753-3092
9:00AM to 6:00PM
Mondays through Fridays
10:00AM to 4:00PM
Saturdays and Sundays
The City of Plainfield along with Associated Humane have developed the following guidelines to address citizen concerns:
- Between 9:00AM to 5:00PM (Mondays through Fridays) residents may contact either
the Health Division at (908) 753-3092 or the Police Department at (908) 753-3107
for any Animal Control issues that should arise, the police will then call Associated Humane Societies to address your concerns.
- Between 6:00PM to 9:00AM (Mondays through Fridays and weekends) residents may contact the
Plainfield Police Department at(908) 753-3107
who then will contact Associated Humane. Please note that these hours are for emergencies calls only, which will be determined by the Police Department.
- For residents who have lost or found a pet please call
Associated Humane Societies at (973) 824-7080 between the hours of 9:00AM to 6:00PM (Mondays through Fridays) and from 10:00AM to 4:00PM on Saturdays and Sundays.
Residents should offer a description of the lost pet.
- For residents who have either found or lost a pet after hours, may contact the Plainfield Police Department at (908) 753-3107 who then contact Associated Humane Societies.
- Any residents with questions on spaying and neutering can call Associated Humane Societies during their normal business hours.
Any residents looking to adopt an pet may contact Associated Humane Societies or visit their website at www.ahscares.org
If you have any questions or concerns about these procedures please feel free to call the Plainfield Division of Health at (908) 753-3092.